Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Wiki URLs

Greetings,

First time posting here.

I run 10.6.8 on a mac mini at home. Web server is running. I have two wikis created. Right now both

www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com point to the Mac OS Server page, the one that tells the user to select from the available web servics (e.g. My Page, Wikis, Blogs).

Right now, a user clicks on Wikis and sees the two wikis on the server: wiki1 and wiki2. Then the user has to select the wiki he/she wants. Boom... The user is then at the wiki home page.

Does anyone have a step by step guide on what I need to do on the server to configure wiki1.mydomain.com and wiki2.mydomain.com, where each url takes the user directly to the wiki home page? I've read the wiki admin guide, and played around with aliases/redirects on the server and aliases in the wiki advanced admin. But as BI guy, I am dangerous but not absolutely fluet in web, web redirects, DNS, etc, and therefore not getting to the promised land.

Thanks

Mac mini Server (Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 3:27 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2012 6:06 PM in response to stooley

It's really quite easy as a matter of fact.

In Server Admin:

Click on the Web Services button

Click on the Sites button

Click on the website in question below. It's probably the one on Port 443 if you're running a secure connection. If not, it's the one on port 80.

Click on the Aliases tab

In the URL Aliases and Redirects field, add an item by clicking the plus at the bottom.

Switch the type from Alias to Redirect

If youre wiki is called mywiki then in the pattern field, you're going to type /wiki1

In the Path, you're going to copy and paste the url that is the wiki in question. It probably looks like this: https://server.mydomain.com/groups/mywiki

Save changes.

Do the same thing for wiki2.

Restart the web service by clicking "Stop Web," then wait 10 seconds, then hit "Start Web." Both at the bottom of the server admin window.

***Edit!***

Wait! I re read what you put. You want wiki1.mydoamin.com...

You need to add a DNS cname record that points wiki1 -> mydomain.com

Then unfortunately, you'll have to keep that /wiki1 /wiki2 thing at the end... ie https://wiki1.mydomain.com/wiki1

The reason being is that the Wiki Service is specifically running on THAT website running on that port.

If you create a new website, then there won't be any easy way to move the data from one wiki to another.

Multiple Wiki URLs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.