Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Star rating in ipod touch gets erased

I synced an mp3 music from my library which doesnt have any star rating. Now when I rate this song in my iPod touch, it is only saved in the device itself. When I connect the ipod in iTunes and look for this song in the ipod (the Music icon under the ipod touch's name, not in the iTunes library), the star rating is gone. How can I save the star rating done in the iPod so that I can easily make playlists based on star rating? Thanks for anyone's response.

iPod touch (4th generation), Windows 7, iTunes 10.6.1 iOS5.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 4:17 PM

1 reply

Aug 23, 2015 3:30 PM in response to cris.galicinao

Finally fix it!!! I had the same problem using ipod touch 5th generation and iTunes

Well this is what worked for me,

1. Connect ipod and sync with iTunes as usual you will not see your rated songs on iTunes. Do not unplug your ipod

2. Select one rated song from your ipod, remember it, and erase it from ipod library using your ipod delete option. Do not unplug your ipod

3. Now in iTunes click on ipod icon and select summary then Sync. Do not unplug your ipod

4. You will notice that the song you choose is deleted from your ipod

5. In iTunes click the music icon and search the song you deleted before

6. You will notice that the song now appears with the rating that was before on ipod.

It worked for me, after that I did the same steps but not deleting one by one, instead I erased all music and then applied step 3,4,5,6

Comment if this solve the problem to all

Star rating in ipod touch gets erased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.