Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot activate my 3rd gn AppleTV due to NetworkTime problems, what is that? I am able to mirror fine. And my network read shows that I am accessing my network, with good signal strength, but the net work time has stopped me cold.

I am able to mirror fine, but that limits me, my wifi extend only to airplay, my ipad, my iphone, but not the store, or netflix Network stats are good, and signal strength excellent, but due to the problem of failing to set my Network time no activation. I have unplugged and replugged so many times my i need to see a chiropractor. What gives, I have seen this question on the forums but no diffinative answer. HELP!! —Bob

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 6:41 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2012 8:37 PM in response to Soaringtoad

Try a reset or restore if you can get to that. I found when trying to use a wired ethernet setup (which wouldn't work but that is another story) that I couldn't even get to the menus without the atv3 wanting to connect with apple for the time. When I went back to wireless, I got the tome sync to let me get to the menus but then an apple rep had me restore or reboot (I forgot which sorry) and then I finally got my wired connection to work. That is, until tonight and I am having to download the 4 hour update. Download to what, I don't know.

I cannot activate my 3rd gn AppleTV due to NetworkTime problems, what is that? I am able to mirror fine. And my network read shows that I am accessing my network, with good signal strength, but the net work time has stopped me cold.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.