Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto library all mixed up

Help!!!,

I went to my iPhoto library today and noticed that my library is all mixed up. Originally I used to enter & collect a lot of "entries" of photos and record those pics to a CD and annotate accordingly as a backup.

This has worked well for a few years and I have always backed up using Time Machine.

As it stands at the moment, the earliest "CD" I can get to is #63 but I don't think I have lost any photos as they appear to be in a single entry with a lot of others totalling 8015 pics.

As I had backups on TM I thought I would restore from there but that appears the same as my library on the iMac. Its obviously been like that for a few weeks at least and I hadn't noticed. I've tried going to my backup to see when this occurred but am prevented from viewing on my external hard drive as I don't have permissions. (I have entered all I can find to both the Pictures folder and iPhoto and given the read & write permissions)

Iv'e also tried using iPhoto Library Manager and that appears to be the same.

Looking thru the discussions I have deleted to the trash the following;

AlbumData.xml

com.apple.iPhoto .plist

com.apple.iPhoto.LSSharedFileList.plist

Library.iPhoto

Library6.iPhot

Can anyone help restore my iPhoto library to the way it has been for some time, or is it going to be a long manual job?

I thought there was an opportunity to restore from my old MBP, which I also use a s storage, but that is the same.

Alan

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 2:08 AM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2012 3:16 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hi TD,

This is when I launch iPhoto (Version 9.2.2. (629.40).

The CDs have nothing to do with iPhoto other than I used burn to CDs when I had sufficient pics as a back-up and click on the little traingle to close. I found it very useful.

I'm not sure if the attached will tell you much but it does hopefully reveal how I've been using iPhoto.

User uploaded file

Yuo'll notice the last entry shows 8016 photos.

Alan

iPhoto library all mixed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.