Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to insert checkbox in a Numbers file

Hello all,

I am trying to do my Income Tax Returns (Belize, Central America). The Income Tax Department here has its Tax Return form in Excel mode, but I prefer Numbers to Excel. I would like to change a box they have on the form into a check box, so that in the form, while preparing it, I can check it, rather than do so after I print. Is there some way of doing this?

I would be appreciative of timely answers, as the return form is for submission today.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2.4 i5, 4Gb DDR3, 500Gb

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:48 AM

highlight the cell you want to be a checkbox:

User uploaded file

Then click the checkbox tool in the toolbar:

User uploaded file

Then check or uncheck the box as needed:

This post does not constitute a recommendation to check or uncheck the check box for purposes of tax preparation 😉

4 replies

Mar 30, 2012 7:56 AM in response to Wayne Contello

I wish it did constitute a recommendation to check or uncheck!! Thanks Wayne. I actually just found it when notification of your answer came in. I was hoping to have the checkbox as an overlay, rather than in a dedicated cell. I realize that I have to have it in a dedicated cell, so I am now in the process of revising the form. I intend to save the form as a template.

Unlike the USA's IRS, our stuff here in Belize is quite simple. I am surprised at how difficult it is to do tax returns in the US. No wonder things like Turbo Tax and places like H&R Block can actually make a profit.

How to insert checkbox in a Numbers file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.