Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excel Export Formatting?

Hi all, here is my particular use case and the issue I'm having.

I use my iPad2 and Numbers at work to perform assessments of services in various locations. I've created a Numbers spreadsheet with a form that I use to jot down notes while I'm out and about. At the end of the day, I export a copy of those notes to an Excel sheet and email it to a manager that collects and compiles the data into a master sheet in Excel 2007.

Everything works fine with the exception of one thing. When the compiler opens my XLS document sent from Numbers everything looks fine. When he attempts to cut/paste the lines from my sheet into his master sheet the text turns from black to white and green borders appear around the cells which are not there in the Numbers export.

These issues can be worked around in a couple of ways, of course. Using "Paste special..." and selecting "Values" will work. As will changing the color of the pasted text and removing the borders manually. Both are viable options, but with 26 different potential document compilers at my various sites globally, it becomes a real bear to train them all on these workarounds that they have to remember solely for working with the sheets I send.

Can anyone think of a way I can alleviate this trouble without having to constantly train and retrain people on how to work with my exported Numbers data?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:54 AM

There are no replies.

Excel Export Formatting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.