Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, how do I transfer files wirelessly from my iMac to my windows based laptop? We share the same wireless network

Hi,

I have an iMac but want to send files wirelessly to my Windows based laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate).

Not complex files but folders containing documents etc... we share the same wifi network but I haven´t got a clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 2:32 PM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2012 3:48 PM in response to Rudegar

Hey, thanks for your assistance.

Yes, I Googled that link before posting but it´s not what I want to do (I think).

What I mean is: I have an iMac okay. My flatmate has a Windows laptop and basically I want to send him his documents that he has on my iMac desktop ... okay, I know I could do this via email but isn´t there something where I can just drop his folders into and it appears on his laptop?

By the way, I also have Airport Express and he is logged into that too.

Thanks, Dave

Mar 30, 2012 3:51 PM in response to Venturer

Venturer wrote:

Hey, thanks for your assistance.

Yes, I Googled that link before posting but it´s not what I want to do (I think).

What I mean is: I have an iMac okay. My flatmate has a Windows laptop and basically I want to send him his documents that he has on my iMac desktop ... okay, I know I could do this via email but isn´t there something where I can just drop his folders into and it appears on his laptop?

snip ....

That is exactly the scenario addressed in Rudegars post, follow the instructions and it will work.

Hi, how do I transfer files wirelessly from my iMac to my windows based laptop? We share the same wireless network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.