Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blurry slideshows in DVD Studio Pro

I'm building a DVD with two different slideshows in DVD Studio Pro. One is simply photo jpegs that play with music under, and looks pretty good. The second is made up of the script pages from the main film. For this second one, I've tried saving each page as a PDF from the original document and also scanning each page individually as PDFs. Regardless of the method, the script is completely illegible on the DVD. Is this just a limitation of DSP, or is there another way to present the script pages that would read more clearly? Appreciate the help.

DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), DVDSP 4.2.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 11:05 PM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2012 6:30 AM in response to Titanium_22

is there another way to present the script pages that would read more clearly? Appreciate the help.

we use the text function in DVDSP to type the text direct onto the menu to control the output

In television the golden rule for text on a single screen is:

use as large a font size as practical

use a non serif font like Arial

no more than 5 lines of text

no more than 5 words in a line

people tend to cram dozens of lines of text on the screen which is then too small at too low a resolution but still expect the viewer to see it

Jun 1, 2014 6:47 PM in response to Titanium_22

Hi Titanium,

I know this post is from 2012, but did you solve this by any chance? I have the same issue, trying so add film script pages as a slideshow. I assume the problem ist that the pictures are encoded in mpeg so the text gets blurry.

I tried adding the pages as menus but the text is still blurry.

How did you solve it?

Thanks,

sealke

blurry slideshows in DVD Studio Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.