Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone wont connect to Time Capsule-WiFi

Hi.

I have an Time Capsula working as the router. The Macs, PCs, Printer and iPads connects fine. It is the iPhone the wont connect. It has been like this for a while, but I thought it was going to fix itself.

It is not the iPhone that is the problem. It is like this for all the iPhones that comes into the house.

Any ideas?

The password type is WPA2 Personal.

The following pictures are of the setup. It's in norwegian, but it's just to give you an idea.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I have posted this question on the iPhone forum aswell, but randers4 (he was very helpful) told me it might work here.

Original question: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3834262?answerId=17970609022#17970609022&ac_cid=142432#17970609

Time Capsule-OTHER, 4th Generation

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 1:17 PM

For whatever reason.. the iphone does not handle the automatic wireless settings.

Change the Radio mode to a/n - b/g manual..

Change the 2.4ghz channel from automatic to manual.

Lock it at 1, 6, 11 or 13 (12, 13 should be fine in Europe, but sometimes clients have issues.. since all the drivers tend to be US software based). But if it works you can test it.

Those are the only 3 channels that do not overlap so it is pointless to use the inbetween ones.

That usually solves the problem.

If not, also change the wireless name, to short pure alphanumeric no spaces.

TC name should also follow that.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2012 1:17 PM in response to Magmar

For whatever reason.. the iphone does not handle the automatic wireless settings.

Change the Radio mode to a/n - b/g manual..

Change the 2.4ghz channel from automatic to manual.

Lock it at 1, 6, 11 or 13 (12, 13 should be fine in Europe, but sometimes clients have issues.. since all the drivers tend to be US software based). But if it works you can test it.

Those are the only 3 channels that do not overlap so it is pointless to use the inbetween ones.

That usually solves the problem.

If not, also change the wireless name, to short pure alphanumeric no spaces.

TC name should also follow that.

iPhone wont connect to Time Capsule-WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.