Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match constantly disconnects from MBP

Hey everyone!

So iTunes match is constantly disconnecting from my main MBP. I'm using three devices. My personal MBP, my iPhone and my work Mac. Like I said, my personal MBP constantly disconnects. And not just a matter of logging into my iTunes account. I have to actually add this laptop to iTunes match over and over. This is my main computer and do 99% of my music organization here. I might by a song here or there from iTunes when I'm at work or on my phone but its mostly done on my personal MBP. Not sure if that even matters. My work Mac will disconnect now and then but its just a matter of logging into my iTunes account. Like I said, I have to actually keep adding my home comp to iTunes match continuously. Any ideas?

G

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 6:00 AM

7 replies

Jun 1, 2012 2:30 PM in response to George Cassello

This is happening to me too. I have an MBP (main computer), two Mac minis, an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4S all signed in to the same account so I can have access to the entire library at all locations. I'm right at the limit of 5 devices so I was thinking that it was because iTunes Match was loading a duplicate instance on one of the devices and thereby exceeding the max devices and randomly logging one of them out. But if you're not running that many devices, that is not the likely cause.

The interesting part of this problem is I have another app running on the two minis that allow me to monitor cameras connected to those devices remotely from the iPad or the iPhone. Whenever the iTunes Match problem occurs on these devices, that application gets closed as well and I have to restart the app. That app never shuts down except when this iTunes match problem occurs.

It doesn't happen enough for it to be a big deal for me. But it IS annoying. A solution or at least and explanation would be much appreciated.

Nov 29, 2012 2:56 PM in response to George Cassello

Same here. Main MBA that stores my central library & iOS device syncing behaves just fine with Match. But my 2nd Mac which is added to Match continuously disconnects from Match every few seconds. While it IS connected however I am able to download music just fine. I've Googled and deleted my iTunes library, reconnected Match, etc etc etc. Nothing fixes this on the 2nd computer.

Nov 29, 2012 8:13 PM in response to orchetect

Same problem here. Match hangs, disconnects, restarts, and is generally annoying on the second computer.

However, I just finished transferring my entire library to the second computer as it's now my main computer and the original computer has been wiped and sold on Gazelle.

Hmm, guess I'm screwed until Apple gives a solution.

So disappointed in these huge problems iTunes Match is having over a year into the product. I'm starting to wonder why I renewed.

Nov 29, 2012 10:46 PM in response to George Cassello

I am seeing this issue too lately on my iMac and MacBook Air. I am able to go through the 3 steps (slowly) but once I hit the done button at the end, I see the striped cloud icon and iTunes Match tracks' status says "waiting". It seems to be very unstable the last few days. It's either Apple is doing some major work on the server side or there are some overwhelming activities with the server that it has a hard time handling it. Not sure.

iTunes match constantly disconnects from MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.