Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to experience macbook on hdtv with sound.

Is it better to go for home theatre with in-built wifi so that it can play sound from mac or apple tv or simply cables and some speakers?

Is there any home theatre which can browse files from mac drive?

Or simply use hdmi cable of home theatre for hdtv and toslink for surround 5.1 sound from macbook 2008 white(has mini dvi)?

Does this method sound good or best is to not to play from mac but from external hard in NTSC format.

I am thinking of buying new panasonic 3d home theatre as it will be good for 13x15 ft area.

macbook4,1, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 5:11 AM

13 replies

Mar 31, 2012 8:01 AM in response to a brody

What about xbox 360 kinect and ps3 move?

My parents doesn't seems that to be much useful because they think home theatre is useful for family but not any gaming think. My concern is that a blu ray disc cost much higher, trying from internet and then buying original will

be much helpful.

One think that take ps3 ahead is in built blu ray player. Also Indian languages movies are all upgrade hd version in blu ray with such ear destroying sound.

So i get stuck as i need speakers for 5.1 sound so i am searching internet for one solution to integrate hdtv mac and speakers, but i didn't get anything so i asked here.

Mar 31, 2012 8:14 AM in response to nvnv0

I don't know much about game systems. They add a new wrinkle to everything. Assuming your TV has the HDMI ports to support all the devices you wish to view on it, a home theater system is just extra fluff to take care of. As for speakers Logitech Z680 are great 5.1 speakers that work with Macs. No home theater system required, and they aren't as expensive as most home theater systems. The only downside is they aren't wireless. With wired speakers you need to find a way to hide the wires. Be careful not to get any speakers that don't support SPDIF. Many are designed only to use special sound cards that only come with PCs that have three separate channel inputs that aren't digital.

Apr 7, 2012 6:09 AM in response to a brody

Can the depth of color is acheived if movie played through USB or external hard disk through home theatre?

Did they support such high quality 720p sound through USB? Any answer for your recommended home theatre.

---- Brody, i read the link given but i live median of earth line, so its high heat 38 C room temperature if closed for 3 hours. So its not possible to buy slingcatcher or etc. which has much low operating system.

I think they will heat much more than macbook as continuous movie wacthing.

My only concerned problem is even if i had to leave home for few hours, I have to wait for device to come down to normal temperature.-----

Apr 7, 2012 6:17 AM in response to nvnv0

Even if you just get a window air conditioner unit, it will help all computer equipment immensely. 35C is the max most computers can tolerate in room temperature. With overheating life of computers shorten, and you get many more instant shutdowns. Even Apple's own specs say your ambient air temperature should be below 35C.

"Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C) Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)"

Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet

Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet"

Apr 7, 2012 8:04 AM in response to a brody

I do have swollen battery problem.

But only thing is that i have seen such product in our house going crazy if related to sound specially.

I read that sound is affected by temperature too.

What i don't want, if guest arrives, i must not wait them to acquire that normal room temperature.

Indian believes in large joined family, its very hard to keep them away from such delicate operation.

I think that enivornment outside is the only reason that imported products don't work here.

I heard that most cold places(foreign) have AC in car, house etc. 24 hours. Here in my place, hardly! Everyone enjoys outside temperature as AC is required for two and half month only.

Thanks for advice. Now i am looking forward to try logitech soon.

Best way to experience macbook on hdtv with sound.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.