Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Items in a group shift when animating-Motion4?

I created this group that contains a generator and some circles with behaviors.

I duplicated that group several times and then Group the entire set, so I can animate them.

The problem is that all the circles in each on of those groups seem to shift once I animate the entire group. Mostly they shift positioning but do scale correctly.

Is there a way to make sure they don't move? If I lock the layer/group, then I obviously can't animate it. Is there way to combine the generator/circles into a sort of symbol (I know, I know it's not Flash but trying make correlation)? Someone suggested to check the "fixed aspect" in the Group inspector. Which I did but they still seemed to shift when I went ahead and animated.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

~Erick

Motion 4, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Motion 4, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 8:23 AM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2012 3:35 PM in response to eclipse13

If you're shifting your groups in Z-space (3D) then you sometimes get a parallax effect and it will appear that positioning is "off" when actually the "look at" angle is different. Each group contains it's own 3D "universe" (Local 3D), so another problem might be that your cicles under behavior control are not "centered" when you create them.

For the object that's to have the emitter applied, after you create it, absolutely center it by hitting the Reset control for the Position in the inspector. (You don't have to re-do everything, you can go from group to group and center the original item.) Or, delete all group copies, center the original item, and re-duplicate the group.

HTH

Items in a group shift when animating-Motion4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.