Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic 160gb Bose v35 dock issues

Hi All

Please can someone offer a solution to the following.

I have a Bose v35 with iPod dock, have been using it with a 32gb touch, ran out of space so bought a classic to replace it.

The touch used to sit in the dock and only lit up when it was operated, the classic sits there lit up all the time, sometimes it will look like its going to sleep only to wake a few seconds later. It will flicker as if the connection isn't good, but it is and plays music perfectly.

I'm wondering could the classic be faulty?

Thanks in advance

Chris

iPod classic

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 8:24 AM

3 replies

Apr 4, 2012 6:49 AM in response to CMI69

I dont own a Bose sysyem, but some other users had success, with other Audio system strange iPod behavior by doing the Hard Reset.

1. After charging till full charge, at least 2 hours (preferably 4 hours)
  2. Disconnect the iPod from the Bose or PC
  3. Toggle the Hold switch, make sure you dont see the red mark when you do the next step
  4. Reset the iPod -> Press Menu and Center button simultaneously for about 10 secs till the Apple Logo comes ON
  5. Then release the buttons
  6. Select your preferred language.
  7. Connect back to the Bose

Here is the Apple support Article on the 5Rs

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/classic/

Good Luck!

Apr 4, 2012 2:44 PM in response to Bilbo_cheshire

Thanks for the assistance Bilbo, I've been alone in middle earth for a while now!

I have tried the reset you mentioned and it's not made any difference. It seems to be the backlight that keeps flickering goes off for a millisecond then back on.

I may have fixed it by turning off the backlight. It's not ideal as I know it's still doing it but the good thing it's not lighting up every millisecond.

The iPod displays the message "ok to disconnect" all the time and the last track played scrolls on the screen.

Maybe this is how it's supposed to be?

Thanks for taking the time to post.

iPod classic 160gb Bose v35 dock issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.