Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix ipod dropped in water

hello guys. i am new to this and i was wondering if you guys could help me in any way to fix my ipod since it was dropped in water. it is a 4th generation and i bought it a couple months ago. the details are: after i took it out of the water i could barley see the screeen lock and it was black. its been right now 1 hour since i took it out. i was blowing into the speaker jack, battery, and all other holes i could find, i also sprayed it with thedust remover and some water came out. after that i could barley see the screen lock again. then it just blacked out. can you guys help me? ANSWERS ARE VERY MUCH APRESIATED 😀

iPod touch, iOS 5.1, 4th generation. COLOR: black

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 10:24 AM

5 replies

Jun 17, 2014 2:33 PM in response to barraq123

Hi, can u plz help me? I went on a school field trip to kalahari(water park) in Wisconsin dells in Wisconsin and I didn't want to leave my iPod touch 4th generation unattended so I brought two little snack bags and put my iPod in there and I closed the bags. Then I put it in my swimming suit I did the same for my $20. I was with a friend and my friend said he had found money, i checked my pockets and there was no more money. I ended up convincing my friend to plz give me my money back. I thought this was all a bad idea so I took both my money and my iPod to my bag. When I was on the school bus when it was time to go to school I took out my iPod to play and it wouldn't turn on. Another friend tried sucking all the holes my iPod has(place where it charges, where u plug headphones, etc.). I got home and I left it charging for along time. Then I tried turning it on but nothing would appear on the screen. The only thing I could see was a bit of vapor where the front camera is. I haven't charged it since and I guess it's been about 6 days since and now I can't see anymore vapor so I guess either the vapor got out of my iPod or the vapor turned into liquid form. Plz don't give me the answer of the rice. I watched the video and I don't believe in it I guess I could try though if there is no other choice but yet again the rice could get inside my iPod and I would have another problem. Please answer as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.

how to fix ipod dropped in water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.