Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Get Back To US iTunes Store

Somehow while looking at different apps I got sent into the iTunes UK store. Now I can't buy any apps. Everything shows prices in British Pounds. When I try to sign in it says my Apple ID can only be used in the iTunes US store, and says it will switch me back to the US store. However, it just freezes up the computer and I get a "not responding" message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, but I am still in the UK Store. I can't buy anything. How do I swich back to the US iTunes store?

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 11:29 AM

9 replies

Mar 13, 2013 7:00 PM in response to Caryd

Ok so I was wondering the exact same thing as I tried recently to do something and it sent me to the uk store through some thing on tumblr. Anyway a much simpler and self explanatory way is to (if you are on an iPhone iPod iPad or iPad mini) go to the bottom where it has your account user name and click on it. From there it will pop up with a list of actions. Click "view apple ID" where it should say your account is valid only in the US store. From there it will ask you if you would like to proceed back to the US store. I realize this is about a year too late but I'm hoping this can help somebody in the future

How To Get Back To US iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.