Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I moved all my photos to my external drive. I then deleted my iphoto library and re-imported them from the external. Once iphoto created it's folder structure on my external, I deleted mine. Now my computer just "beach balls" all day when I turn it on.

i have a 2006 iMac with a 160 HD and 1GB of ram. I recently got a 2TB external hard drive and transfered all my pictures to that. Once I had a solid folder structure for my photos, I dragged them all to iPhoto. Once iPhoto had created its own folder structure of my photos, I deleted my own folder structure, so that I wouldn't have multiple copies. It all sounded like a great plan, but now my computer just "beach balls" every time I turn it on.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 11:19 AM

1 reply

I moved all my photos to my external drive. I then deleted my iphoto library and re-imported them from the external. Once iphoto created it's folder structure on my external, I deleted mine. Now my computer just "beach balls" all day when I turn it on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.