Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use MacBookPro to play dvd on a large screen

Can I use Apple TV with my MacBookPro to play a DVD on it and display it on a large screen?

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 1:18 PM

20 replies

Mar 31, 2012 1:41 PM in response to Kappy

Hi Steve, you can stream from the computer to the Apple TV, however you can only stream content which resides in iTunes, not from the DVD player.
I understand that this might be possible with mountain lion , whilst additional airplay features have been announced there has been no mention whether there will be any hardware restrictions that apply.

Apr 3, 2012 7:42 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Based on the information, I have to upload my DVD (home made) to iTune, then connect my MacBookPro and Apple TV via HDMI connector to a monitor for iTune to play it.If this is correct, can I have few monitors connected at the same time to play it. I would like to show my DVD to an audience as a presentation. There would be more than 100 people present. Or do you know any other approach to solve this issue for me?

Thank you.

how to use MacBookPro to play dvd on a large screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.