Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As of today, no services except "Computer" and "Settings" show up

Apple TV 2. Listened to music via iTunes Match last night, watched some YouTube videos. All set to watch some Netflix today. However, I have *no* services showing up now on my Apple TV (second gen) except 'Computer' and 'Settings'... I restarted the Apple TV. Then I unplugged, let it sit for 30 seconds, plugged in back in. Nothing.

Looks like I may not be the only one. I'll wait awhile before nuking the device back to factory settings...

Mark

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 3:04 PM

9 replies

Mar 31, 2012 3:11 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Winston,

Thanks for you help. I'm sorry I wasn't quite as thorough as I should have been in writing up my problem. I have an Apple Airport Extreme, and I also restarted that as well. In fact, I unplugged it, let it settle, and plugged *it* back in. I think, because I had an odd iTunes freeze (10.6.1) just before I noticed this, that (waving the proverbial dead chicken here) I am going to restart the my Mac Pro as well. I'll report back.

Mark

Mar 31, 2012 5:42 PM in response to kenrict

Ken(richt),

First I unplugged the Apple TV, waited about 30 seconds, plugged it back in. No joy.

Next, I unplugged, waited, plugged back in my Airport Extreme router. No joy.

Restarted the Apple TV again (thinking, okay, after the router restart, why not?). No joy.

Restarted my MacPro. (Basically a Hail Mary pass here). No joy.

Finally, gave up, restored my Apple TV.

Then, signed into the store. Looked like the same problem, but it told me it could take a while for iTunes Match, so I waited. Just read on me iPad. And lo and behold about 30+ minutes later, there was my whole functional interface.

I still think the problem is server side, but after all I did, can't be sure.

Mark

As of today, no services except "Computer" and "Settings" show up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.