Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cropping photos in the Camera Roll renders them horribly pixelated

I downloaded a photo from my sister's Facebook timeline just now and cropped it using the Photos app on my iPad. Unfortunately the moment it was saved back to the Camera Roll it suddenly became blocky and pixelated -- it was fine up untl that instant.

Tried using iPhoto on the iPad, same deal: crop worked fine, but the moment I saved it back to the Camera Roll, suddenly it became unrecognizable, block and pixelated.

I'm not just talking low-res here, I'm talking almost unrecognizable. Has anyone else seen this behavior? I'm on a new 64GB iPad with over 1GB of free space.

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 5:28 PM

7 replies

Mar 31, 2012 5:46 PM in response to Diavonex

No, you misunderstand. The original downloaded photo was approximately 1,600x2,400 pixels. Its resolution was more than sufficient.

As I said in my post, the crop tool in the Photos app mangled the photo beyond recognition. It's not a case of me being dissatisfied with a low-res image. ;^> The crop tool caused large, roughly 12x12 pixel blocks to appear in the image in place of its original resolution.

Cropping photos in the Camera Roll renders them horribly pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.