Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password Protect Libraries? on Aperture. on iCloud. with PhotoStream?

Question: How?

How to password protect photo libraries....

On Aperture.

On iCloud

With PhotoStream.

(and iPhoto)

Any knowledge about this?

Extranous note: I DO read manuals but now got abut 3,333 pages of manuals for varrious programs yet to read and keep getting dizzy, dizzy with it all.

Extra Extranous comments: I got a pic of myself eating 15 pounds of potatoes and I want to keep it as The Before in my Before and After Diet Manual...but don't want my wife looking at it again and don't want it to suddenly got Photo Streaming and wind up on iCloud and next thing you know it's viral and folks are launging at me on Leno....uknow the tragic consequences that could ensue.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 4GB RAM; Wacom, Powermate, MagicTrackpad, iControl,

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 7:23 PM

You can't password protect an Aperture or iPhoto library. iCloud and photostream (really the same thing) don;t contain libraries they contain individual images in a stream. The stream is protected by your apple id just as your system is protected by your login password.

If you give access to your account to others they will be able to access whatever you can access.

You can do some things to the libraries such as encrypting them or else turning on filevault.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2012 7:23 PM in response to 60wpm

You can't password protect an Aperture or iPhoto library. iCloud and photostream (really the same thing) don;t contain libraries they contain individual images in a stream. The stream is protected by your apple id just as your system is protected by your login password.

If you give access to your account to others they will be able to access whatever you can access.

You can do some things to the libraries such as encrypting them or else turning on filevault.

Password Protect Libraries? on Aperture. on iCloud. with PhotoStream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.