Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI on Win7 x64 for Mac Mini 2011 - No video on wake with Samsung TV

Hi,

Here's my set-up: I have a mid-2011 Mac Mini (with the ATI graphics) with Windows 7 64-bit dual-booted with Lion via boot camp. I just added Windows last week, so I have the latest drivers. This Mac Mini is hooked up via HDMI to an Onkyo reciever, which then is connected to a Samsung TV via HDMI too.

This all seemed to be working fine. I like to keep my machine powered on all the time to act as a media center/server, so in Windows I set the power options to never turn the computer off or sleep, and to never turn the display off.

The problem arises when I either turn the TV/Reciever off for a while, or use a different HDMI reciever input for a while - then try and switch back to the Mac HDMI channel. The TV detects the correct resolution, starts to initiate the video, then the screen goes black. If I use the keyboard I get sound through the reciever. It's like the HMDI handshake is failing and is denying me video.

Has anyone else come across this problem and found a solution?

Thanks,

S

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 8:18 PM

There are no replies.

HDMI on Win7 x64 for Mac Mini 2011 - No video on wake with Samsung TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.