Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes auto updates takes me to download as if I'm a first time user

Each time there is an itunes update & I get the message to say there is an update & I get the option to download. When I click on download now, intead of starting to download it takes me to the first time user download page even though I've been using itunes for several years. So, to get the updates, I have to go through the whole procedure of downloading itunes as if this was my very fierst time. ????

iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 3:09 AM

6 replies

Apr 22, 2012 12:46 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi Turingtest2.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this response. Previously when itunes had an update, I would have had a notification pop up on my screen to say there was a new update & did I want to install. When I clicked to install it just went throught the normal updating process. (This still happens on my partner's laptop.) But now I don't get the notification. It's only when I go onto itunes that I then get the notification, but when I click to download the update, it opens a new screen & wants me to start downloading itunes as if I'm a first time user. ?????

iTunes auto updates takes me to download as if I'm a first time user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.