Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Under Keychain Icon, list is blank.

How can I restore original listings? Not in backup memory..using Lion.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5, Lion installed on IMac.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 9:33 AM

10 replies

Apr 2, 2012 6:23 AM in response to Barney-15E

i think jeffdube is referring to the keychain access window. in the left column, 'keychains', the list is showing padlocks with only the top one having a title, 'logins'. the other padlocks are without a name, i seem to recall them having names in snow leopard, the two last ones are 'system' and 'system roots', hence the list is blank.

any ideas?

s.

Apr 2, 2012 12:32 PM in response to Barney-15E

if you highlight one of the said keychains, you can see the contents, as you can for the login, system and system roots keychain. the blank keychains are all locked.

at the top of the window, where there is a padlock which you can click to open the keychain, you have the text saying 'click to unlock the [keychain name] keychain'.

now, when i highlight one of the blank keychains, then click on the big padlock mentioned to unlock it, i get a prompt for the keychain password, but without a user as you would on normal keychain access prompts, so my normal password doesn't work, and so the keychain remains locked.

Apr 2, 2012 3:04 PM in response to mrsuki

The login keychain won't have a username, just a password. The system keychain will present a username area for entering an Admin user and password. I've got a Microsoft intermediate certificates that asks for a password, no user name, and accepts nothing as the password (it is blank). I opened the Keychain List (Edit menu) and set it as Shared. It immediately disappeared. It was empty, as far as I could tell.

If your login keychain doesn't accept your account password (and you haven't changed it), it may be damaged. You could try Keychain First Aid in the Keychain Access menu.

Apr 2, 2012 3:06 PM in response to Barney-15E

yes, no password is accepted for the blanks, but still no name to be seen. the login one is user free, yes, i meant to refer to the system keychain where the name field appears.

keychain first aid reports no problems.

otherwise, the blanks don't seem to have had any adverse effect on the system. i noticed them not too long ago, but they must have been this way since upgrading to lion.

Under Keychain Icon, list is blank.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.