Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.6.1.7 keeps crashing

I've just updated to the latest and greatest iTunes 10.6.1.17 on Windows 7. Whenever I start iTunes, I get a message stating "iTunes has stopped working" and the problem details are as follows:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: iTunes.exe

Application Version: 10.6.1.7

Application Timestamp: 4f71aced

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: f76934d2

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Does anyone at Apple or anywhere else know what's going on and how to fix this? It seems like when iTunes tries to access the iTunes store, I get this error message.

Any suggestions are much appreicated!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 4:45 PM

6 replies

Apr 19, 2012 12:24 PM in response to vthareja

Been having this prblem since last update; reinstall, uninstall nothing works.

Since my last update I'm getting loads of errors

I couldn't find my iPhone

Cannot connect to iPhone 0xE800007F

Couldn't sync with iPhone (once it found it)

Error on loading (-42404)

Store error (-42408)

Error on playing tracks

Error 3212 with iTunes store

And as for trying to play video... It's so slow... iTunes was never quick, but now...

It was always a badly laid out media organiser and I only use it for syncing to iPhone, but these errors are driving me mad

I have repaired 3 times now, help for an hour at most...

Is there a patch or working update soon?
Ever going to redesign to something that is easy to use?

Apr 19, 2012 6:48 PM in response to Justicets

I've been having the SAME issue for several days now. And there's NO WAY to contact APPLE to resolve this issue. Instead, all we can do is post here and hope that someone out there has had the same problem and fixed it and will be kind enough to share the solution.... if my car has a problem, the mechanics at the dealership are there to help...

But not being able to contact anyone at apple/iTunes is BS!!!!!!!!!!

May 4, 2012 7:54 AM in response to vthareja

it's been THREE weeks now and STILL no support from Apple!! No matter what I do, I CANNOT install iTunes' latest version without it crashing every time!! The ONLY reason I even use iTunes is so that I can sync my iPad and my Apple TV...without iTunes, i'm without tunes.

Why must all of their technology be so inviting and awesome, but not user friendly and without technical support???!

May 30, 2012 2:31 PM in response to vthareja

Installed itunes 10.6.1.7 Crashes on both OS of Windows XP3 Service Pack 3 AND Windows 7 64 bit. Message states:

iTunes has encounter a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience.

itunes.exe AppVer 10.6.1.7

ModName d3d9.dll

ModVer 5.3.2600.5512

Offset C0a75be

Absolutely a horrid version of itunes. Started crashing the moment of upgrade. Apple is failing and is rolling out crap without beta testing. This would be completely and a 100% unacceptable to Steve Jobs if he was alive, but I guess Mr. Cook couldn't care 2 cents. I wouldn't complain so hard if it was just me, but it seems as if the majority, if not ALL itunes users are experiencing this problem. I must warn my many friends on facebook and people at my unit, that uses itunes, NOT to upgrade. It is unusable in it's current state and no messages from Apple that they are aware of the problem, let alone working on resolving the issue.

Jun 5, 2012 11:25 AM in response to vthareja

I saw this problem on a client's computer. I read in a different support forum that updating QuickTime player solved the problem for someone. I used the Apple Software Update to upate quicktime player to the latest version and after restarting the computer iTunes opened again!

Based on what I read on the other forum it appears it is an issue related to file type associations.

iTunes 10.6.1.7 keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.