Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Aperture do this edit?

I have a photo of what appears to be a homeless man busking with a flute on the streets of New York. Everything about the photo is fine except his skin has a reddish tint and his red hat is oversaturated. I want to make his skin look more natural and tone down the red hat. Can Aperture do this, or do I need a more specialized editing program?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 8:18 PM

Aperture can do almost any pixel-level adjusting to hue, luminance, or saturation. Aperture cannot do any compositing -- for that you'll need a graphics program.

"Tone down" is expressed (perhaps) in photo editing/retouching as lowering the saturation. You can use the Saturation Quick Brush, or the Enhance Brick, or the Color Brick to do this.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2012 8:18 PM in response to CSTRabbi

Aperture can do almost any pixel-level adjusting to hue, luminance, or saturation. Aperture cannot do any compositing -- for that you'll need a graphics program.

"Tone down" is expressed (perhaps) in photo editing/retouching as lowering the saturation. You can use the Saturation Quick Brush, or the Enhance Brick, or the Color Brick to do this.

Can Aperture do this edit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.