Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The New Thinner Mac book Pro "15 in"

Hi All,

Im Simply a PC user,who started to like Applle Products Since i ever Using a iPhone 4

Basically Im a Graphic Designer,Like i told you im a Pc User,I want to upgrade Myself to Mac book Pro.Reading Rumours on Various Website Says there will be New Thinner Mac book Pro Available By end of April,So do you Guys Suggest me to Wait or go ahead and Purchase the Currently available thicker Mac book Pro "15 in"

Please Suggest me

Thanks Guys

Mac mini

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 8:24 PM

Hi a,

Discussing rumors about upcoming Apple products is against the Terms of Use here (there are other sites for that, at least one of which tracks the history of how long between each release of a specific model, but, like stocks, history doesn't necessarily predict future). Also, anyone who would know the answer to that question would be bound by an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) which Apple takes very seriously.

My advice is to buy when you need it. If you believe something better is coming along soon and you can wait, why not wait? I you cannot wait, the time is now.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2012 8:24 PM in response to azhar05hk

Hi a,

Discussing rumors about upcoming Apple products is against the Terms of Use here (there are other sites for that, at least one of which tracks the history of how long between each release of a specific model, but, like stocks, history doesn't necessarily predict future). Also, anyone who would know the answer to that question would be bound by an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) which Apple takes very seriously.

My advice is to buy when you need it. If you believe something better is coming along soon and you can wait, why not wait? I you cannot wait, the time is now.

Apr 1, 2012 10:39 PM in response to azhar05hk

It's just how your post reads, that may bother a few folks. You're asking a perfectly legit question, though... which is how to best invest in a MBP, and to me, at least, that's reasonable.

Personally, I love the current MBP design, and I don't know if I'd like something thinner as much. More importantly, though, Apple is going to release OSX Mountain Lion "this summer", and, if I had to purchase a new laptop now, I'd certainly wait until the units with Mountain Lion as the default OS have been out for a while. Hardware isn't supposed to be too affected by major OS releases, but you know, it always is. Apple will make some adjustments to their machinery to ensure ML runs smoothly. Count on it.

Besides, the next generation of displays will probably be better.

The New Thinner Mac book Pro "15 in"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.