Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp battery life (Windows 7):

Hi All,

I have a 1 week old MBP 17" (Lion, 2.3Ghz, 750GB, 8GB RAM). I am running the latest Bootcamp with Windows 7 on it and am only getting ~3 hours of battery life. I checked all of my drivers for updates and have trolled the internet trying to find if there is something with Windows 7 or some software that might be causing the mind numbingly bad battery life. Does anyone have suggestions or solutions to improving the battery life running bootcamp?

Also, has anyone used some of the tips reccomended in this article with any luck? I am not very comforable with trying to enable AHCI.

www.itworld.com/software/213593/running-windows-mac-part-3-complete-how?page=0,0

Thanks,

Steve

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 10:15 PM

1 reply

Apr 4, 2012 9:58 PM in response to Spoosh09

Here's a link for last years model with another link to look at in one of the posts that may explain a little?

Form what I understand unless you turn all the fancy "features" off in Windows, 3.5 ~hours is about the average it seems for almost all the laptops. The Boot Camp drivers are just not optimized for the most efficient battery usage in W7 it seems.

Edit:

One thing I did come across was using Parallels and the like seems to keep the battery life a lot closer to normal for most people. Though they aren't really made for the heavy Proccessor, video, ram intensive programs.

Bootcamp battery life (Windows 7):

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.