Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

To all who are upgrading right now from aperture 2 to 3....... i've figured it out..

After many hours researching i believe i have 2 solutions.

One, you can purchase aperture 3 from any online vendor, ebay, amazon etc for less than the 79$ on

apple's site, after installing that then go to apples site and download the software updates for aperture 3

to make it current, this should fix all the issues it was having.

It looks like there are 2 versions with aperture 3.2.3 being the latest.

That said, for $79 you can buy aperture 3.2.3 from the app store with OS snow leopard

and above. This application has all the updates already in it when you download it so that

is probably what you are paying for, get it?

I see aperture 3 on ebay for as low as $39 free s&h brand new so thats got to be the difference.

Of course apple wants to take care of us and this program so they are offering the newest

aperture version on the app store .

It makes sense to me so im gonna go with this... haha.

However, right now, I'm stuck with images in Aperture 2 that i cant get into because i just

upgraded my macpro to snow leopard and it does not work with Ap 2 it looks like.

I am now going to check for Ap 2 software updates and see if that helps then maybe when i

install Ap 3 i can import the images or maybe they will magically pop up in the library lol

anyone have any tips about that? good day to you all.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 10:18 PM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2012 10:44 AM in response to léonie

Well thanks for you help but I didn't even make it that far. I was updating my printer driver after installing snow leopard and it totally froze up and would do nothing. white/grey screen, flashing folder with question mark. I went through the reps telling me it was my hard drive etc but finally I got someone on the phone who actually was a genius and managed to partition my hard drive and reinstall snow leopard so i wouldnt lose my info. i only lost what i had saved on my desktop. i knew this was a snow leopard issue. crazy. I hope that everything stays stable now............

Apr 6, 2012 10:58 AM in response to blockparty

An upgrade as opposed to an update has always been a purchase. Going from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 has always required you to buy the new version. Only updates, going from 3.0.1 to 3.1 for example, were free.

I don't know where you are seeing Aperture 3 for less then $79 on Amazon. It's listed at $159. There is an Aperture 3 upgrade for $66 but if you buy that you better make sure you have a valid Aperture 2 serial number or else it won't install.

As for eBay I don't see any Aperture 3 being offered for $39 and again you have to make sure it's a full version not an upgrade unless you have a valid 2 serial number.

As for your situation once you have 3 running on your system open the Aperture 2 library and you will be offered the option to upgrade the library to 3.

If you have any other problems post back.

regards

To all who are upgrading right now from aperture 2 to 3....... i've figured it out..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.