Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager - Enrolls device, then nothing

I have finally managed to get Profile Manager running. I am using an internet valid SSL cert as the web ssl cert and the internally generated code signing cert.

I can enroll a device and it appears in the Device Manager screen. I then see the job to update information about the device apear and then everything freezes.

User uploaded file

I get various web site errors and nothing updates in the Device Manager. The iPad seems to go into a state where it is permanently refreshing the enrollment page.

The devices never update their information and the serial numbers change to be New Device.

User uploaded file

As far as I can see I have a valid Lion Server and Profile Manager setup.

Has anyone else seen this problem ? I am starting to pull my hair out . . .

Many thanks,

Phil

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 2:06 AM

5 replies

Apr 2, 2012 2:39 AM in response to HISEnt

The iPad is displaying the following in the Console:

Apr 2 10:26:11 unknown mdmd[34] <Notice>: (Error) MC: Connection to https://xxx/devicemanagement/api/device/checkin failed with error: NSError:

Desc : The request timed out.

Domain : NSURLErrorDomain

Code : -1001

Type : MCFatalError

Apr 2 10:26:11 unknown mdmd[34] <Notice>: (Error) MDM: Cannot tell MDM server about updated token. Error: NSError:

Apr 2 10:26:11 unknown com.apple.launchd[1] <Warning>: (com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmd) Check-in of Mach service failed. Already active: com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmdpush-dev

Apr 2 10:26:11 unknown mdmd[34] <Warning>: Unable to bootstrap_check_in() to namedDelegatePort 'com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmdpush-dev'. APS connections will not persist past process lifetime.

Apr 2 10:26:11 unknown com.apple.launchd[1] <Warning>: (com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmd) Check-in of Mach service failed. Already active: com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmdpush-prod

Apr 2 10:26:11 unknown mdmd[34] <Warning>: Unable to bootstrap_check_in() to namedDelegatePort 'com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmdpush-prod'. APS connections will not persist past process lifetime.

Apr 2 10:26:11 unknown mdmd[34] <Notice>: (Note ) MDM: Telling MDM Check-In Server about new device token.

Apr 2 10:30:12 unknown mdmd[34] <Notice>: (Error) MC: Connection to https://xxx/devicemanagement/api/device/checkin failed with error: NSError:

Apr 2 10:30:12 unknown mdmd[34] <Notice>: (Error) MDM: Cannot tell MDM server about updated token. Error: NSError:

Apr 2 10:30:12 unknown com.apple.launchd[1] <Warning>: (com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmd) Check-in of Mach service failed. Already active: com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmdpush-dev

Apr 2 10:30:12 unknown mdmd[34] <Warning>: Unable to bootstrap_check_in() to namedDelegatePort 'com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmdpush-dev'. APS connections will not persist past process lifetime.

Apr 2 10:30:12 unknown com.apple.launchd[1] <Warning>: (com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmd) Check-in of Mach service failed. Already active: com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmdpush-prod

Apr 2 10:30:12 unknown mdmd[34] <Warning>: Unable to bootstrap_check_in() to namedDelegatePort 'com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmdpush-prod'. APS connections will not persist past process lifetime.

Profile Manager - Enrolls device, then nothing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.