Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstalling Mono Framework.

Hello.

I installed Mono's Framework a while ago and now I'd like to uninstall it, but I have no idea how. I've been struggling for a while but I can't seem to get it. I already took the script in their webpage and tried it on terminal.

#!/bin/sh -x

#This script removes Mono from an OS X System. It must be run as root

rm -r /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework

rm -r /Library/Receipts/MonoFramework-*

for dir in /usr/bin /usr/share/man/man1 /usr/share/man/man3 /usr/share/man/man5; do

(cd ${dir};

for i in `ls -al | grep /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/ | awk '{print $9}'`; do

rm ${i}

done);

done

After I did this, I get this.

Armandos-MacBook-Pro:~ Armando$ #!/bin/sh -x

Armandos-MacBook-Pro:~ Armando$

Armandos-MacBook-Pro:~ Armando$ #This script removes Mono from an OS X System. It must be run as root

Armandos-MacBook-Pro:~ Armando$ rm -r /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework

rm: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Commands: Permission denied

rm: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Headers: Permission denied

rm: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Home: Permission denied

rm: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Libraries: Permission denied

rm: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Mono: Permission denied

rm: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Resources: Permission denied

override rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/bin/al?

for dir in /usr/bin /usr/share/man/man1 /usr/share/man/man3 /usr/share/man/man5; do

(cd ${dir};

for i in `ls -al | grep /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/ | awk '{print $9}'`; do

rm ${i}

done);

doneoverride rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/bin/al2? override rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/bin/asp-state? override rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/bin/asp-state2? override rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/bin/asp-state4? override rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/bin/booc? override rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/bin/booi? override rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/bin/booish? override rwxr-xr-x root/admin for /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/bin/cairo-trace?

I've also created a .sh with the script. I named it uninstallmono.sh and saved it to my desktop.

When I go to terminal and try to do:

sudo ./uninstallmono.sh

I get:

Armandos-MacBook-Pro:~ Armando$ sudo ./uninstallmono.sh

Password:

sudo: ./uninstallmono.sh: command not found

I have a password and when I type it in nothing happens. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way or not but the cursor on terminal wont move.

Anyways, I need help, having it installed is really bothering me. :s

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Mono Framework.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 4:16 PM

n_i_k_k_o instructions worked!! Here is pretty much the same instruction with a few clarifications.

I Have OS X 10.8.4 on macbook pro.

1. Open up Terminal (Select "Launchpad">"Other">"Terminal")

2. enter: sudo /bin/sh -x

3. Prompt will ask for admin password. Type in your admin password (*Note: when entering password you will notice that the cursor will not be moving and no characters displaying[in my particular case]. It is okay. I am new to mac and it took me hours to notice that the characters will not show and the cursor will not move when entering admin password.)

4. Copy and Paste this script next:

(cd ${dir};

rm ${i}

done);

done

5. A bunch of script will appear

6. Verify by going to the apple symbol on the top left corner and select "about this mac" then select "more info" then select "system report". On the left hand side under the section Software select "framework". move to the right section and look for "mono" if present. If "mono" is not present then you have successfullly uninstalled mono.

hope this helps with newbie mac users like myself.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2013 4:16 PM in response to Dawngraded

n_i_k_k_o instructions worked!! Here is pretty much the same instruction with a few clarifications.

I Have OS X 10.8.4 on macbook pro.

1. Open up Terminal (Select "Launchpad">"Other">"Terminal")

2. enter: sudo /bin/sh -x

3. Prompt will ask for admin password. Type in your admin password (*Note: when entering password you will notice that the cursor will not be moving and no characters displaying[in my particular case]. It is okay. I am new to mac and it took me hours to notice that the characters will not show and the cursor will not move when entering admin password.)

4. Copy and Paste this script next:

(cd ${dir};

rm ${i}

done);

done

5. A bunch of script will appear

6. Verify by going to the apple symbol on the top left corner and select "about this mac" then select "more info" then select "system report". On the left hand side under the section Software select "framework". move to the right section and look for "mono" if present. If "mono" is not present then you have successfullly uninstalled mono.

hope this helps with newbie mac users like myself.

Feb 16, 2013 5:46 PM in response to Dawngraded

I just deleted the mono.frameworks.

In terminal without "":

1. "sudo /bin/sh -x"

2. then on the next line paste the script text:

"

(cd ${dir};

rm ${i}

done);

done

"

that's all

Uninstalling Mono Framework.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.