Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Macbook pro to Imac Pedastal Computer

I broke the LCD on my MacBook Pro (purchased 2009). Would it be possible to use the Imac pedastal computer as an external monitor? And if so, what cables will I need.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 12:53 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2012 8:06 PM in response to acheak

Except for recent 27-inch iMacs, iMacs do not have a video input port. So there is no conventional way to do it (like when you plug in a regular external display).

There may be a way to do it, over a network connection. Set the MacBook Pro to share its screen (which may be difficult if it has no working display). Use the iMac (running normally) to share the MacBook's screen, over your local network (or with a direct Ethernet or WiFi connection). Make the Screen Sharing app go full screen. How well this setup works will depend on the iMac's performance (how old it is), and the speed of the network connection. It would only be appropriate for temporary use.

You'll need get a real external display and connect it to the MacBook Pro directly.

Connect Macbook pro to Imac Pedastal Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.