Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get better battery life over 3G? Huh?

I've been very disappointed with my iPhone 4S battery life to say the least. Sometimes I need to even charge it twice a day, which is a real bummer. I tried every solution to help improve it, disabling location services, siri's raise to speak feature, mail push notifications, etc. So then I decided to disable WiFi even in my home and I am now getting *much* better battery life. Like a difference of 2-3 hours difference. Which is much better to then the 5 hour battery life I was getting over WiFi. Has anyone noticed similar results? I found this quite odd considering I always thought you would get better usage times over WiFi like apple advertised.

iPhone 4s/iOS 5.1/Verizon

ETA - I'm still not completly satisified with my battery life, but 7 hours is what apple advertises over 3G so I'm not complaining.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 4:23 PM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2012 4:34 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

That's much better then me. ah 😟

I just got a screenshot of my current battery status. This is after light usage of my phone. Just text messages, safari, and apps like words with friends/draw something. User uploaded file

I guess I should probably bring it in.

I get better battery life over 3G? Huh?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.