Previous 1 2 Next 29 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 7:40 PM by Brian.Wells
joshers2005 Level 1 Level 1

Hello,

I have a MacBook pro that uses OS X 10.7.3 (newest version of Lion) with 4 GBs of Ram. I am purchasing Atari's RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum for Mac from here: http://www.amazon.com/RollerCoaster-Tycoon-3-Platinum-Mac/dp/B0048XAVC2. Before I buy it, I need to know if it will work with my MacBook Pro. I also use a lot of memory, so I was wondering if I should also purchase more 2 more GBs of Ram.

I would appreciate it if someone were to help me with this situation. Thanks.

Josh

Solved by ds store on Apr 2, 2012 8:16 PM Solved

Ok, I went off a bit. But excited again as I run 10.6

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • CPU Processor: Intel chipset
  • CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz or faster
  • Memory: 512 MB or higher
  • Hard Disk Space: 2GB free disk space
  • Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600
  • Video Card (NVidia): GeForce 7300
  • Video Memory (VRam): 128 MB
  • Media Required: DVD Drive
  • Recommended System Requirements
  • CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz or faster
  • Memory: 1 GB or higher
  • Video Ram: 256 MB

*Apple original CPUs only, CPU upgrades not supported.

Supported Video cards:

NVIDIA GeForce® 7300, 7600, 7800, 8600, 8800, 9400, 9600, GT 120, Quadro FX 4500

ATI Radeon X1600, X1900, HD 2400, HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850

NOTICE: Apple Intel Chipsets only.  Power PC Processors (G4 and G5) are not supported.

NOTICE: Intel® integrated video chipsets are not supported.

NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)

http://www.gameagent.com/store/aspyr/pd/productID.201439100/pgm.78347700#system_ requirements

Hmm, I've got the ATI 6750M, I might squeek by on it.

Reply by notefornotemusic on Apr 3, 2012 9:00 PM Helpful

Joshers2005 (and futureceoofapple), I have some important new to tell you:

Joshers2005, you and your friend did not do enough research...both of you are wrong. Sadly, the copy of Rollercoaster Tycoon Platinum for Mac is not legal. First of all, Atari and Frontier are the official producers of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, not Aspyr. Furthermore, Atari and Frontier they only intended the game to be created for Microsoft, not for Apple (Aspry has "ported" the game for OS X). Aspry has no relationship with Atari or Frontier, therefore, making this product illegal. If you really don't believe me, then ask youself this: Why is there no link to the official RollerCoaser Tycoon site within Aspyr's game page and why are most of their games discontinuted? Futureceoofapple was originally correct. If you really want RollerCoaster Tycoon that bad, then I would stay away from getting this and purchase Paralells 5.0 to download the game from Atari's offial site.

For your question on installing an application with rosetta within Lion...it might be able to work depending on your version of Lion and your model, but I wouldn't risk wasting $30 on a program that won't run correctly...and even if it does run correctly, you could have an illegal registration.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

All replies

Previous 1 2 Next