Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I sign out of mac app store?

When I click Purchases, I see:

You must sign in to view your purchases.

I click sign in and enter my AppleID and password (which I have verified are correct by visiting My AppleID)

After a few moments of rotating chiclets, the sign in dialog drops away elegantly and I see:

I click Store in the menu and I see:

several not relevant choices

Sign Out

View My Account (myActualAppleID@listed.here)

I click Sign Out and I am less elegantly returned to the Featured display.

then I click Purchases, I see:

I can do these steps over and over (trust, I have.)

No bueno.

Mac OS X (10.7.3), App Store 1.1.2 (92.3)

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 7:40 PM

Hi Aaron ...

If you click Account under Quick Links right side of the App Store then enter your Apple ID and password you should not have to re enter that information repetitively.

If you get stuck having to re sign in, try restarting your Mac and try again but click Account under Quick Links instead of Store > Sign In from the App Store menu bar.

edited by: cs

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2012 7:40 PM in response to aaronfromnew_york

Hi Aaron ...

If you click Account under Quick Links right side of the App Store then enter your Apple ID and password you should not have to re enter that information repetitively.

If you get stuck having to re sign in, try restarting your Mac and try again but click Account under Quick Links instead of Store > Sign In from the App Store menu bar.

edited by: cs

Why can't I sign out of mac app store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.