Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NetFlix stutters when using Display Audio on 24" ACD

I have a 24" LED Cinema Display connected to a late 2011 15" Macbook Pro. When I first purchased the computer everything worked fine until I attempted to watch Netflix on the Cinema Display (ACD), and the video just froze and never started. By doing some research I discovered that by using a different USB port, the video playback resumes normally on the ACD.

Fast forward to this weekend and an upgrade to a SSD. I did reinstall Silverlight as suggested elsewhere on these forums. I attempt to view Netfllix, and again the video freezes. I try the other USB port, and neither work. By disconnecting the USB cable from the ACD altogether I can get audio, and any other USB device I have has no effect, just the ACD.

I followed the Silverlight uninstall and reinstall instructions on the Microsoft site, reset SMC and PRAM, and also tried using Safari and Firefox. Same result.

Any ideas? The ACD is actually under warranty but I am not near an Apple Store. Is there some sort of hard reset procedure for the ACD itself?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 11:04 PM

1 reply

NetFlix stutters when using Display Audio on 24" ACD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.