Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote presentations show up on my iPad, but not in iTunes.

This problem has been driving me nuts. At the moment, there are 207 Keynote presentations on my iPad which I want to upload to my Mac. I can see them and open them when I open the Keynote app. However, when I connect my iPad to my Mac, and I look at the Keynote app details, iTunes says there are no Keynote files on my iPad at all. How do I get the files off my iPad? The only way I can see at them moment is to manually email them one by one, but that's going to take forever. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 5:09 AM

Do you have iCloud turned on. If so, see

http://help.apple.com/icloud look under Documents - Overview

6 replies

Apr 3, 2012 5:26 AM in response to insaitama

This will be helpful. Read this.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4088

You have to "send the file to iTunes".

The short version is that you open the file that you want to send to iTunes - tap the tools icon - then select Share and Print and from the next window select Send to iTunes. Select the file format that you want to use from the pop up.

Now connect the iPad to your Mac, launch iTunes, click on the iPad name on the left side, click on the Apps tab, scroll down to Keynote in the file sharing apps window. Click on Keynote and the files should appear in the file sharing window on the right.

You can drag the files from that window onto the desktop or use the save to option to copy the files as well.

Apr 4, 2012 2:30 AM in response to insaitama

I dont have Keynote yet, but I'm interested as to whether it appears in itunes with your device connected under the Apps page - look in the Sharing section at the foot of the page. Some form of multitasking, drag and drop using either the shift and control keys may be possible. I use Adobe reader here and using the shift key I can select multiple items works for me. Worth a try.

Keynote presentations show up on my iPad, but not in iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.