Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the cheapest way to get an unlocked iPhone 4 or 4S?

I need a phone but I don't trust Android so I need to find an Unlocked iPhone either free or fairly cheap.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 7:59 AM

5 replies

Apr 3, 2012 1:12 PM in response to Trumpeter5

I think the point the KiltedTim was making is that if you want/need a free phone... get a flip phone or candybar style basic phone... not a smart phone.

No carrier offers free subsidized unlocked iPhones (at least not to my knowledge and certainly not in the US).

In the US, the only way to get an unlocked iPhone is to pay full retail price at the Apple store or online.

Apr 3, 2012 1:16 PM in response to Trumpeter5

As mentioned, full retail price from Apple is about the only way to get one in most countries (some countries, there are Apple authorized resellers who sell unlocked, but mostly, those are only available directly from Apple).

And be very, very wary of anyone else selling one, especially an inexpensive one - 99.9 times our of 100, they are merely selling a hacked phone (this forum is full of posts about such examples of people who went for the cheap phone that "some guy" assured them was unlocked, only to find out to their dismay it was just hacked).

What is the cheapest way to get an unlocked iPhone 4 or 4S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.