Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital AV Adapter not recognized on iPad 2

I have an iPad 2 with 4.3 and today I bought a Digital AV Adapter from the store. When I connect it to my iPad, it says that this accessory isn't supported and true, nothing displays on my TV. I thought it was supposed to work with an iPad 2 - what's up? Do I need to update it to iOS5?

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 8:53 AM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2012 11:33 PM in response to Silicon Valley Gina

Resolved the issue by proper handshaking between the 2 devices ( ipad and HDTV in this case). "accessory not supported" can be just dismissed by pressing "dismiss". For the TV to recognize the HDMI connection i had to refresh a couple times causing my TV to search for a new device connected to it. Once it goes searching, it found a new device connection and was mirroring my ipad display.

Aug 6, 2012 8:54 PM in response to Silicon Valley Gina

I have an iPad 3 (ok, ok, a New iPad) running iOS 5.1.1. I get the same message (iPad does not recognize this accessory) when the Digital AV Adapter (new version) is plugged in and I turn the iPad on when powered down (not asleep). Note that this is with ONLY the charging cable plugged in, so I have no idea yet about the HDMI functionality. The charging function works.

What gives? Any ideas?

Digital AV Adapter not recognized on iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.