Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spyware! It is killing me!!!! Help?

Here us the deal, let me stop all the short answers, and the generic problem solving steps. I am somewhat intelligent when it comes to technology. I have been dealing with a year long noticable spyware hack. I have learned a great deal but not one person I talk to understands this frustrating endeavor.

What it is doing?

1: what is it not doing?

2: Access my MacBook Pro and IPhone remotely through... So many channels.

3: Accessing, tampering, changing every account I have ever gone online with. So far little money has been taking, it really is just a hate filled mission.

• so we are on the same page, yes this is someone I know. In fact it is several people. Unfortunately it is my wife and her family. Now I know your thinking, this guy deserves it. I don't. I never understood why it was happening until I realized... I have custody of my little girl from a previous relationship and my son does not to be far away. So I get, fear. Oh well enough of th personal background. I wanted whom ever will take the time to understand how deep the access is because it is someone so close.

Here is what I have done.

~IPhone~

Hard restore

Factory rested.

"genius" bar reset

(here it comes)

I have even had my iPhone replace 3 times in the last 40 days.

New sims cards.... Plenty

New Phone Contract!!!!!

Switched to a samsung galaxy and some stupid tablet.

And yet after another brand new iPhone yesterday. There it is. Please if anyone can help I am desperate. The hardest part is I was these people to hurt. The nuts and bolts to it is. I am a veteran. I suffer from PTSD and Other things. I have troubles sleeping on a good night. They have attacked at full force twice, once in June '11 and one beginning at the end of Feb. it has been done because these people refuse to accept that they are not good people. So instead of being better people the try to ruin others. I was with her for 7 years and aside from the hack my son, daughter and myself have not been happier.

I know I got personal, maybe if I can express something someone with some real intel will help me out. No one of the guiness fellas or AT&T can do a **** thing for me. Oh and all this done to the Mac as well. And (this may be in my head) I believe the play station/wii is jacked too.

I am begging!!!!

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 12:03 PM

6 replies

Apr 3, 2012 12:16 PM in response to justinfromminnetonka

Unless your iPhone was jailbroken, there is no, repeat no, possibility that anyone could have installed spyware on it. None. You may not believe that, but it's the truth nonetheless. And even if there were such a possibility via a jailbreak, simply restoring the iPhone would have removed any such spyware, and replacing the iPhone absolutely would have done it.

Whether someone could have access to your Mac or online accounts I can't say. Erase your MacBook's hard drive and reinstall all your applications and that would eliminate the possibility, though.

As to your accounts, if you change the passwords, the chances are vanishingly small that anyone would then have access to them. If you are still uncertain, close your accounts.

I really hesitate to say this and don't mean it as an insult, but I really think you need to talk to a counselor about this perception of being stalked. If you believe that after several changes of phone that someone still has access to your phone, it's data and conversations, this is unlikely to be a technological issue.

Sympathy for your issues, and regards.

Apr 3, 2012 12:47 PM in response to varjak paw

I appreciate your insight unfortunatley that is not entirely true. In just the last couple weeks it has been revealed that spyware no longer needs a jailbroken phone. If I could show you what happens when a brand new device gets activated your mind would be blown, it has blown a number of apple employees. Fact is my phone/phones were at one point in time jailbroken, we have proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt. In fact credit card transactions with cydia is some of the actual proof I have for legal course.

Fact is that if a hacker can embed themselves into your cloud account, myself it is my @me address. When you activate said device with the cloud you would essentially have given them all the access needed. As Mac users we are lead to believe of safety that is not there. In recent news you will read how Mac has come under serious pressure for the lack of security it has. Truth is, Mac needs to step up their game. Mac users need to research more instead of believing everything the pot head genious employee tells us.

I would argue that mac products are the easiest to remote access. I am a testament to these facts. I have gone a year with people doubting it all. Untill the see it. The longer this seems to go on the more people are starting to wake up.

Apr 3, 2012 1:13 PM in response to justinfromminnetonka

You're contradicting yourself in your posts. In your post in another thread, you admit that it is not possible to remotely jailbreak an iPhone. Yet here you claim it has been done. Sorry, then, but I don't believe you. If you have replaced your iPhone and not connected it to iCloud, then it cannot be jailbroken nor any spyware installed. It just cannot be done.

Credit card transactions with any other entity are no proof at all; obtaining your credit card number is one of the easist things to do. Ever gone to a restaurant and given the server your card to pay your bill? What do you think they could do with that card during the several minutes they're out of your sight with it?

And if you believe that someone is getting access to your system via iCloud, change the iCloud password to something difficult to guess. Problem solved.

Sorry, but your claims are just far too unlikely to be believed without solid proof. No one can hack all of your claimed iPhones and Samsung devices unless you're really careless with your account information.

In any case, false or true, there's nothing anyone here can do about your claims. If you've shown these purported hacks to Apple technicians, that's all you can do. The only thing anyone here could suggest is erasing the units, changing passwords and other such standard precautions.

Apr 3, 2012 1:59 PM in response to justinfromminnetonka

Your credit card being used for a purchase from Cydia is no more proof that your phone was hacked than your credit card being used at a gas station in California is proof that your car was there.

Change your passwords. All of them. To something reasonably complex.

You don't give us any reason to believe that anyone or anything is accessing your Mac or your Phone remotely. Sure, someone may have hacked your iCloud account. They may done a lot of things, but you don't even give us details of what's happening, much less proof.

If you were to actually give us details of what's happening, we might be able to help. Without specific information, I'm sorry, but you do just come across as paranoid.

Spyware! It is killing me!!!! Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.