3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 4:50 PM by SummerHologram
rwgleaves Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am trying to reset Safari in my iPad. I'm able  to clear history, clear cookies, reset passwords, but the one thing I cannot do is to reset the URL bar. Is there a way to do this?

• King_Penguin Level 10 Level 10 (105,175 points)

If you've cleared the history, cookies and cache, then also close Safari completely and then re-open it and see if that does what you want it : from the home screen (i.e. not with Safari 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the Safari app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

• rwgleaves Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Okay, I tried that but with no luck. I have cleared the cache, and the history, and the cookies. I close out Safari and then reopen it and if I go to the URL bar and typing any letter it brings up a list of places that I visited. Any other suggestions?

• SummerHologram Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem.  I'm pretty tired resetting and having to reenter passwords, only to see the same two urls pop up every time I go to use the addy bar.  Frankly, I do not remember going to the site that pops up (and it's an embarassing name).  It's possible of course that *someone* went to this addy - but how do I permanently get rid of it? 

I've tried the suggestions on this thread and one other, no luck.