Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is AIVMFile and why are they creating themselves?

There was a couple in the root folder of my hard drive, now there are hundreds. Can I delete? Is it some attempt at spy ware? Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:00 AM

I just ended up with 2117 AIVMFileXXX files at the root level of my startup drive, after Adobe Illustrator sucked up all my remaining hard disk space while working on several AI docs in Illustrator CS6. I had to force-quit Illustrator and restart my MacBook Pro because I was down to 200 MB of free space on my drive! I presume AIVMFile means Adobe Illustrator Virtual Memory File. Note that all the AIVMFileXXX were zero K in size. I simply deleted them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2012 10:00 AM in response to donifromMI

I just ended up with 2117 AIVMFileXXX files at the root level of my startup drive, after Adobe Illustrator sucked up all my remaining hard disk space while working on several AI docs in Illustrator CS6. I had to force-quit Illustrator and restart my MacBook Pro because I was down to 200 MB of free space on my drive! I presume AIVMFile means Adobe Illustrator Virtual Memory File. Note that all the AIVMFileXXX were zero K in size. I simply deleted them.

What is AIVMFile and why are they creating themselves?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.