Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Elura 100 firewire and compatibility

Hello, I just rediscovered my Canon Elura 100 camcorder and would like to use it and to be able to connect it to my brand new Macbook Pro (with Mac OSX 10.7.3). However, it is missing some parts such as a battery and firewire.

Before I buy these things, I want to know if I will even be able to transfer videos from the camera to my computer, and if I will be able to edit them on iMovie, and generally how compatable the two are.

I also want to know which firewire I can buy that will work to transfer videos from the camera to my computer. I have been looking on Amazon for the cable I think is appropriate (IEEE 1394) but the cable which have good reviews and seem to work are 4 pin/6 pin and I don't think those would fit in this computer; the ones with USB endings don't seem to work for most people.

Thanks very much to anyone who can help!!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 12:22 PM

3 replies

Canon Elura 100 firewire and compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.