Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MANUFACTURING DEFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, if you can help me please ... my problem reads as follows: on 25 February 2012 I bought an NEW iphone 4S from Orange carrer.The phone came with a manufacturing defect that consists of a visible point, visible and troublesome UNDER the glass,on the the black band at the top of the phone.i not have seen it because I applied a matte foil in the first day after i buy it.After two weeks since i have applied the screen protector i saw that point UNDER the phone glass. I went to Orange. It was seen by an orange employee, CONFIRMED my fault, sent the phone in service after which came with a sheet that said "defect not detected!" I have pictures with it !!! I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED FROM THAT DAY ABOUT MY NEW IPHONE 4S!!!! IS BRAND NEW WITH A DEFECTION MADE FROM MANUFACTURER !!!!HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?????? HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ???? PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!! THIS IS MY EMAIL: flopy_net@yahoo.com

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, MANUFACTURING DEFECTS!!!!!!

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 1:29 PM

24 replies

Apr 3, 2012 2:20 PM in response to flopy_net

OK, thanks, that's something different, and does appear to be a defect, probably a bit of debris that got under the screen during assembly. It appears to be strictly cosmetic, though, and annoying as such a defect may be, Apple's warranty in general does not cover cosmetic defects which is probably why you got a "no defect detected" reply. If Orange won't replace the iPhone, you can try visiting an Apple Store, if you have them in your country, or calling Apple support:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

and discussing the problem with them. Whether that will do any good I can't say, but it's worth a try.

Good luck.

Apr 3, 2012 2:33 PM in response to flopy_net

Apple does not provide direct service or support for the iPhone in Romania. It is the responsibility of the carriers there. You'll have to take the issue up with your carrier. I would not normally expect a single mote of dust under or in the screen to be something they would replace a phone for, just as a single dead pixel on a TV or monitor does not generally qualify the unit for replacement.

Apr 3, 2012 3:10 PM in response to KiltedTim

no no,you don`t understand me....i called that number,and that number is not functionally.That point under the glass is NOT a little piece o dust,it`s shining under sun.I think you`ll not be satissfied if you buy a new product with that kind of issue,specially APPLE an NEW.My carrier send me to contact APPLE,because they are`nt autorized to change my phone,so would you like to buy a new ferrary with a crack on the window?🙂 i think not!! 🙂....so how can i contact a representative person from APPLE? I`ll go throw **** for this..but i want to be solved!

Apr 4, 2012 7:09 AM in response to flopy_net

As I said above, you'l probably just need to continue to try calling the Romainian number until you get through and then hope there is something they can do for you. You can try the UK number if you wish, though of course you'll have to pay long distance charges, and the UK folks probably cannot help you with an issue that's only cosmetic. But perhaps it would be worth a try. If you call the UK, ask to speak with Customer Relations.

Regards.

MANUFACTURING DEFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.