Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am brand new to the Ipad. I can't use ICloud unless I upgrade my 10.5 Leopard. Is there a way to sync documents created in Pages to the IPad without using ICloud?

Hello. I am a newbie to the Ipad. I am currently working with an OS 10.5 Leopard MAC. I understand that in order to use ICloud I would need to purchase OSX Snow Leopard and OSX Lion. I am attempting to avoid the expense and to the extent possible sync my IPad with my MAC. I have created documents on my MAC in pages. Is there a way to have access to those documents on the IPad without using ICloud.

A second question concerns web browsing, sometimes you'll open up a page or image and not know how to go back to the previous page. So do I just close and reopen safari altogether or is there another way to get to the previous page.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 1:52 PM

2 replies

Apr 3, 2012 2:12 PM in response to Rennata

Actually you can use iCloud with the Mac running OS X 10.5.8. You don't sync the documents - you upload to or download them from iCloud.

You can open a browser on your Mac - Safari is preferred - log into icloud.com, enter your username and password, click on the iWorks icon, click on the Pages section at the top - and then you can drag documents into the browser window to upload files - and you can select a file in the cloud to download to the Mac. I do this on my iMac at work running Tiger 10.4.11. It's kind of slow - and you will get a warning that you may be using a supported browser - but it works.

In any event, you can use iOS file sharing to send the Pages docs to your iPad. you have to connect to the Mac and do this via iTunes.

iWork for iOS: About iTunes File Sharing

Just tap the arrows in the toolbar in Safari to go back and forth. You can open multiple pages using tabs. tap on the + sign to add another tab in Safari.

Apr 3, 2012 2:09 PM in response to Rennata

Sure; just use iTunes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

As to going back to previous page, just tap the left arrow, upper-left of the window in Safari, much as you would in any other browser. If you've closed the window, you can find the previous page in the History. Read the section on using Safari starting on page 40 in your user guide.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Regards.

I am brand new to the Ipad. I can't use ICloud unless I upgrade my 10.5 Leopard. Is there a way to sync documents created in Pages to the IPad without using ICloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.