Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can Air Print be configured to print properly?

When printing photos, there seems to be no way to get the entire photo printed - its always only a portion of the photo (sometimes only a small corner of the photo is printed). Cropping does not help.

Same thing when printing text (say from the Notes app). Text is always printed with no margins - its always right against the edge of the paper.

Doesn't this make Air Printing rather useless? There's nothing in the Ipad settings that mentions printing. Not sure where else to look.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 3:11 PM

7 replies

Apr 3, 2012 3:19 PM in response to SteveJH

Neither of those things happens to me. Pages are reasonable well formatted pages, and pictures are pictures. The drivers in AirPrint not real advanced, but they are very consistent.

I am using an hp d110 ( I think). Are there different modes on your printer that you can select?

You also might look for and install a firware update on the printer if one is available. It sounds like your printer is not interpreting the AirPrint formats properly.

Apr 3, 2012 10:37 PM in response to pjl123

I have an Epson NX430 "Small-in-One" printer. As suggested, I went to the Epson web site to look for possible firmware updates for that printer - I didn't find any, but did discover that Epson has its own printing app. I downloaded it to my IPAD and it does everything thats lacking in AirPrint!! I now can control the paper size and type, margins, cropping, and photo positioning all from Epson iPrint.

Yippee!

Jan 15, 2013 11:35 AM in response to SteveJH

I had the same problem with an HP 5520 - not only can airprint only print to photo size (there is no option to choose the paper size) but it also crops photos, seeming randomly.

Airprint appears to be all but useless unless you're looking for badly cropped, photo sized prints.

I was able to solve the problem by downloading HP's dedicated printing ap but it's not ideal (can't print from photostreams and have to copy to camera roll for example). Also while the iPad version of the ap offers paper size the iphone version only offers photo size.

I'm going off Apple pretty rapidly, apart from some awful customer service my wife had from them recently the products just don't seem to be as flawless as they used to be. my iphone 5 is covered in chips for example and it's not like I let it get knocked about. Hope they pull their finger out and bring quality back to the fore soon.

How can Air Print be configured to print properly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.