Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make a disk image window open automatically?

Greetings,

When I mount downloaded disk images, they open in a new window automatically.

How do I make a disk image that does that?

Thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 8:06 PM

Try the following:

Create a read-write .dmg disk image, and mount the image so that its disk icon is on the Desktop.

Launch Terminal (in the Utilities folder), and copy-paste or type the following line into the Terminal window, followed by typing a single space. Do not press <return> yet:

bless --openfolder

After typing the single space, drag the mounted disk icon from the Desktop into the Terminal window, click inside the Terminal window, and type <return>.

In my system, using a mounted disk image named test1, the completed command line looked like:

$ bless --openfolder /Volumes/test1

To see if it worked, eject the mounted image, and then re-mount it by double-clicking the .dmg file.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2012 8:06 PM in response to Chuck Risher

Try the following:

Create a read-write .dmg disk image, and mount the image so that its disk icon is on the Desktop.

Launch Terminal (in the Utilities folder), and copy-paste or type the following line into the Terminal window, followed by typing a single space. Do not press <return> yet:

bless --openfolder

After typing the single space, drag the mounted disk icon from the Desktop into the Terminal window, click inside the Terminal window, and type <return>.

In my system, using a mounted disk image named test1, the completed command line looked like:

$ bless --openfolder /Volumes/test1

To see if it worked, eject the mounted image, and then re-mount it by double-clicking the .dmg file.

How to make a disk image window open automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.