Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many airport express can I add to my network for the purpose of using the airport express to send audio signal to different rooms in the house? I'm interested I'm running about six different zones.

How many airport express can I add to my network for the purpose of using the airport express to send audio signal to different rooms in the house? I'm interested I'm running about six different zones.

What I'm looking to do is to have self powered in ceiling speakers in every room in my house with out having to run wires to every room to carry the audio signal. I would like to use the airport express to do the job of carting the audio signal.

Here's my set up now I have an airport extreme and one airport express that I use to carry audio to one room.

Airport express -OTHER

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 9:44 AM

FWIW. I have used up to four AirPort Express Base Stations (AX) for streaming sucessfully in pretty much the way you have described. I didn't have a need to try more so I can't attest that more would or would not work.

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.