Skip navigation

IPhone3GS

122 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 1:23 AM by Robert from Sunnybank Hills RSS
rktjssi Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 4, 2012 12:33 AM

I have an IPhone 3GS and recently upgraded to IOS 5.1, now the battery dies very quickly and at times the phone just shuts off.  I have turned off the location services..anything else I can try to increase the battery life?

• Robert from Sunnybank Hills Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2012 1:23 AM (in response to rktjssi)

try turning off:

- bluetooth

- wifi

- location services

and see if that has any impact, if not, delete the IPSW file, backup then restore the iPhone and set the iPhone up as a new device. Before you restore from backup, keep the iPhone empty for a few days and observe how the iPhone's battery behaves. If the issue remains after the restore then the iPhone will need to be serviced... but, you should bear in mind too, the 3GS is an old phone and 5.1 is all new

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.