Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access mac.com email through iCloud.

Hi,

I have a mac.com account and I've just started having problems logging in and checking my in-box. The issue arose yesterday afternoon (3/4/12) and I'm currently unable to receive email from my mac.com account on my macbook, iPhone or through iCloud.

This is what happens when I try to access my account on each device or application:

When I try to access my email though the mail client on my macbook this message appears.

"The iCloud IMAP server “p02-imap.mail.me.com” rejected the password for user “helenlryan1”

Enter your password again or cancel.

I enter my password and it is rejected. This has never happened before and now my account is 'offline"

My account details are the same and I've not changed them.

I migrated my MobileMe account over to iCould on 30 March and upgraded to Lion on 31 March..

When I open my mail account in iCloud a message appears telling me:

'There was a problem loading the application due to possible network error or missing resources. Please try again"

I currently have no access to my email.

I'm stumped and have no idea what to do so I hope someone can give me some advice.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance,

Helen.

Mac OS X (10.7.3), ICloud Password Problems

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 6:24 AM

12 replies

Apr 4, 2012 7:22 AM in response to HelgaMelga

Had the same right after migrating which gave me a 3-day headache. Try changing your Apple ID password, it did the trick for me - even for pre-Lion OS.

Apple support just said Leopard is incompatible and I need to upgrade to Lion - how wrong they were. They confused me so much that I already thought that there's a secrect to iCloud and why it does not work with any email client after migration.

Apr 4, 2012 7:33 AM in response to HelgaMelga

I have been using Lion for weeks with no mail problem. The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. the MAIL client says the password is wrong, but I can sign into iCloud.com with it. From there I can sign into contacts but not to mail.

Something is wrong with some of the servers or some of the password storage information. All of this started as said above. At first it was intermittent but quickly went permanent.

I will try to change password and see if that helpes. I do not thing it looks like a Lion problem.

Apr 4, 2012 8:40 AM in response to climbhigh4fun

I've finished a lengthy on chat with mobileme on-line support but the advsor was unable to help. They have referred my case to a senior advisor who will contact me through me work email inthe next 24 hours. Maybe you could try this as it will get the ball rolling?

Interestingly, I've tried checking my account through www.mail2web.com and I could not gain access through this client either.

I'll keep you all posted - sounds like quite a few of us are having the same headache....

Apr 4, 2012 10:28 AM in response to HelgaMelga

Great - glad I was able to help. I chatted for 2 hours and talked to 1-800-MYAPPLE for 30 minutes yesterday.

All they did was to screw up my email up by making me - as a Leopard user who was aware of possible problems, that's why I started the chat in the first place - migrate while on the chat, telling me not to worry, their ultimate goal is to help, etc.

And when I called Apple, the Apple Care Rep put me through to Tier II advisor - both telling me that it's the Leopard OS which is incompatible and that I need to upgrade to Lion. The only thing that came out of it was a free retail copy of Snow Leopard - hard earned 30 bucks that are ;-)

Dec 30, 2013 9:18 AM in response to HelgaMelga

This morning I tried downloading an app from the App Store. Apparently I'd forgotten my brand new password for my brand new account which I wrote down all the details to on a pice of paper sitting right beside me. Ok, fine. Whatever. I 'reset' the password at the Apple ID site, logged back in to the site successfully and allowed Safari to save those settings.

Went back to the App Store to get my app. Logged in. Password is incorrect. What? Tried several times bcz I just couldn't believe it. 4 hours later, massive headache, no work accomplished and I'm about to have a melt down.

Went to another Apple discussion forum where I was told I'd have to trash the ID and start anew. This means everything that I have currently connected to iCloud (email adds, notes, calendars, etc.) will be gone. That would be a far greater pain in the butt since I've just setup up a new webhost and email account associated with it all.

This is a bogus Apple glitch that seems so rudimentary that it's mind boggling (to me) how it's managed to completely screw me over today.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance for reading and/or any assistance!

Unable to access mac.com email through iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.