Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I forward a voicemail?

I need to forward a voicemail to a lawyer, and am having trouble figuring out how to do so.

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 7:00 AM

Forwarding of voicemails is a carrier feature, & those carriers that permit forwarding generally will only permit forwarding to another number on their network. If your lawyer is not on the same network as you, you most likely won't be able to forward this voicemail. You can use this to extract the voicemail & send such using email to your lawyer:

http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/index.php

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2012 7:00 AM in response to amy44107

Forwarding of voicemails is a carrier feature, & those carriers that permit forwarding generally will only permit forwarding to another number on their network. If your lawyer is not on the same network as you, you most likely won't be able to forward this voicemail. You can use this to extract the voicemail & send such using email to your lawyer:

http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/index.php

Apr 4, 2012 6:50 AM in response to amy44107

You will need an app to do that as iOS itself does not have any way to do it. Look in the app store - a couple I have heard of (but have no first hand experience with) are Fusion VoiceMail and VoiceMail Inbox - but you could also try searching for a generic term like "vociemail manager" or something like that.

Alternatively, check you provider's capability - some carriers, if you call your own mobile number and get the voicemail from your carrier account, have the option to send those from the online phone menu.

Aug 8, 2013 1:45 PM in response to colecole21

As MyWayFlooring said:

• Play your voicemail so that a second iPhone can pick it up using "Voice Memos."
  • Then from the second iPhone, forward that recorded "memo" to someone else as an email or text.
  • The message will show up on the receiver's device as an email or text with a link.
  • The link will take the receiver to iTunes, where he will be able to hear the message.

Let me know if that works.

Dec 17, 2013 7:44 PM in response to GarySHart

I just tested GarySHart's method and it WORKS as he described!! Awesome!!

I used my beats by Dr. Drey's headphone cable as it has two 1/8 headphone jacks on both ends! However, my cable came with a built in microphone so, the end with the mini microphone should get plugged into the device that has the voicemail and the other end into the recorder/iPad/iphone/iPod etc..

Good luck!

Mar 12, 2014 7:00 PM in response to sam the carpet man

Thank you!! I agree, you are a genius! So simple, but I would've never thought of it.

FYI-my work phone is an iPhone and my personal cell isn't. I was able to use the voice recorder on my personal cell. It didn't have to be an iPhone. I recorded the VM from iPhone onto personal phone and texted it back to work phone. 🙂 🙂 🙂

You are a ROCK STAR

how do I forward a voicemail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.